7th ACSS plenary - June 2021
Last updated: 03 November 2021
On this pageSkip the menu of subheadings on this page.
Papers from the 7th ACSS plenary meeting on the 22nd June
The 7th Open Meeting of the Advisory Committee for Social Sciences (ACSS) included an update from the Secretariat on member reappointment, ad hoc requests, and expenses. Further updates were given from the ACSS:
- Michelle Patel and Tim Johnston updated on key projects within the FSAs analytics unit.
- Professor Sandy Thomas, Science Council Chair gave an update on the outputs from the Science Council working groups.
- The ACSS Secretariat are exploring how best to utilise the website and will circulate a paper to this effect.
- The working groups gave updates on their various work stages, with particular focus on the Climate Change and Consumer Behaviour Working Group. This included highlighting the need to work closely with the Science Council and identify other relevant work on climate change (within the FSA, and internationally).
- Presentations were given on key messages from the Climate Change and Consumer Behaviour Expert Workshop and Food and You 2 Wave 1 results Key findings from both were discussed.
7.1: FSA Analytics Updates
This paper provides an update on recent and upcoming FSA Social Science research publications. Examples include:
- Staff changes including new FSA Chair
- Updates on Food & You 2 and Kitchen Life 2
- Input into the food hypersensitivities work programme
7.2: ACSS Scientific Advisory Committees Updates
This paper summarises the recent activity of the FSA's Scientific Advisory Committees in June 2021.
7.3: Assurance Working Group Update
This paper summarises key activities and future actions of the Assurance Working Group
7.4: Kitchen Life 2 Working Group Update
This paper provides an update on progress for Kitchen Life 2 Working Group, including:
- Updates on key activities and future actions
7.5: Climate Change and Consumer Behaviour Working Group Update
This paper outlines the activity of the climate change and consumer behaviour working group since the ACSS meeting on 1st December 2020, including:
- Information on the Expert Workshop
- Next steps for the Working Group
P.6: Climate Change and Consumer Behaviour Workshop Summary
P.7: Food & You 2 Wave 1 Executive Summary
Susan Michie - Committee Chair
Julie Hill - Committee Member
Julie Barnett - Committee Member
Hannah Lambie-Mumford - Committee Member
George Gaskell - Committee Member
Dan Rigby - Committee Member
Seda Erdem - Committee Member
Spencer Henson - Committee Member
John Mcternan - Committee Member
Food Standards Agency
Robin May - FSA Chief Scientific Adviser (CSA)
Rick Mumford - Deputy Director - Science Evidence and Research
Michelle Patel - Head of Social Science
Rebecca Gillespie - ACSS Secretariat Lead
Catherine Bartle - ACSS Secretary
Sarah Brabham - ACSS Secretary
Lucy King - Social Science
Peter Learmonth - Economist