8th ACSS Plenary- January 2022
Last updated: 06 April 2022
On this pageSkip the menu of subheadings on this page.
Papers from the 8th ACSS plenary meeting on the 26th January 2022
For full agenda click here
The 8th Open Meeting of the Advisory Committee for Social Sciences (ACSS) included an update from the Secretariat on ACSS recruitment and the SAC triennial review. Further updates were given from the ACSS:
- Working group chairs updated on recent activity of current groups.
- The FSA chief economist, Nick Daniel, presented a proposition paper for a new working group to support economic analysis. The committee felt this was a good idea, but requested TORs be carefully drafted to ensure clear parameters and limit scope creep.
- Professor Sandy Thomas, Science Council Chair gave an update on recent Science Council activity.
- Michelle Patel and Tim Johnston provided an update on the work of the Analytics Unit. Ely Mirzahosseinkhan and Phil Jones provided an update on new work programmes; Wider consumer interests and behaviour trials.
- Ben Haden and Sam Faulkner provided an update on the emerging FSA strategy which will be published in March 2022.
- The secretariat presented initial assessment of how well key strategy themes were covered by a) FSA social science projects and b) ACSS expertise.