9th ACSS Plenary - July 2022
Last updated: 11 November 2022
On this pageSkip the menu of subheadings on this page.
- Welcome and introductions
- Declaration of interests
- Actions from the last meeting
- Chairs update
- Secretariat update
- Analytics Unit update
- Update from Science Council chair
- Working group updates
- Kitchen Life 2
- Climate Change and Consumer Behaviour
- Wider Consumer Interests
- Economics Support
- FSA research exploring household food insecurity
- Discussion around future work plan exploring household food insecurity
The 9th Open Meeting of the Advisory Committee for Social Science (ACSS) included updates from: the Secretariat, on recruitment and the SAC review; Working Group chairs, on recent activity of current groups; and the Heads of Analytics Unit and Social Science, on key programmes of work.
- Professor Susan Michie announced that she is stepping down as ACSS Chair. Following the recent recruitment process, the current Deputy Chair, Julie Hill, will take over the role of Chair from October 2022.
- Professor Sandy Thomas, Science Council Chair gave an update on recent Science Council activity.
- Zena Lopez, Head of FSA Strategy Development explained the FSA’s focus on household food insecurity, with Joanna Disson subsequently outlining the future work plan in this area and facilitating a discussion amongst the ACSS members.
- 9.1: Secretariat Update (item 5)
- 9.2: FSA Analytics Unit Update (item 6)
- 9.3: Assurance Working Group update (item 8)
- 9.4: Kitchen Life 2 Working Group update (item 8)
- 9.5: Climate Change and Consumer Behaviour Working Group update (item 8)
- 9.6: Wider Consumer Interests Working Group update (item 8)
- 9.7: Economics Working Group update (item 8)
- 9.8: Equity and inequality in FSA research, and proposed future work exploring household food insecurity (items 9 and 10)
- Ninth Meeting of the Advisory Committee for Social Science (July 2022) Minutes
- Ninth Meeting of the ACSS (July 2022) Agenda